Eclipse Over Ennis
On April 8th, 2024, North America will experience a total solar eclipse called the “Great North American Eclipse”. A total solar eclipse recurs at any given place only once every 360-410 years-truly once in a lifetime! The eclipse will pass through 13 U. S states but Texas and specifically Ennis is considered one of the BEST viewing locations.
Texas is deemed the BEST place to view the eclipse because over our state is the “point of greatest duration”, the longest viewing time of totality, and Texas is considered to have the best eclipse-day weather in the country.
There is a narrow path of totality and Ennis is directly on the center line meaning we will experience a longer duration of totality than ou neighbors with 4 minutes and 23 seconds of totality!
Website coming soon with list of events, viewing locations, merchandise etc!
Ennis, Texas, USA
· Total solar eclipse visible (100.00% coverage of Sun)
· Magnitude: 1.0278
· Duration:2 hours, 39 minutes, 45 seconds
· Duration of totality:4 minutes, 23 seconds
· Partial begins: Apr 8, 2024, at 12:22:43 pm
· Full begins: Apr 8, 2024, at 1:40:02 pm
· Maximum: Apr 8, 2024, at 1:42:14 pm
· Full ends: Apr 8, 2024, at 1:44:25 pm
· Partial ends: Apr 8, 2024, at 3:02:28 pm